Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Such a slacker. Ugh.

Last week I was a big ole slacker.  As in, I didn't do ANYTHING.  Which was definitely not helpful in this whole new endeavor, that's for sure.  It just reinforced to me how much I NEED this.  I don't feel good when I'm not eating better and working out.  I don't like how my body has gotten the past few years, and when I'm not being productive with my food and work outs, it's just even worse for me.  Sadly, that's not alway enough motivation for me to get moving.  Not entirely sure why, but there's that.  I think on one hand I'm concerned that I'll work hard, do the best I can, and still not make any progress.  It's like I'm afraid to try because I'm afraid to fail.  Oy.

But last night and tonight I got that good ole work out in, dang it.  My muscles won't be feeling very well tomorrow, but I need this.  I really need to get out and do some walk/running tomorrow.  Like, for real.  Not just because I need to move this body of mine, but because I'm supposed to do the Peachtree and I need to be able to move at a faster speed than slow hah.

I'm not really sure what's going on with me.  I know that this is something that I need, but it's been really difficult to keep it up.  Even though I know that I can do it and that I know I'll feel great when I'm done.  I'm glad that we've got this going again because I also need this lovely blog.  I need y'all to keep trucking with me and being the awesome, lovely, encouraging, dear friends that you are.  So I give you full permission to check in with me from time to time to make sure that I'm staying on task.  I need that.  Dude, I just need y'all. :)

Alright, enough of this.  I think y'all have got the picture.  HONK!

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl. Thanks for such an honest post. I can totally relate to all of it. I have been really struggling with the "what if I work hard and still don't make any progress" thing a lot lately. I just feel so genetically unatheletic, and I have never really gotten to a set goal (other than our first 5K), to see hard work paying off. Way to get in a workout nonetheless! *hugs* and HONK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend. :) We'll get through this rut together! :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry it took so long to comment :( Anyway, you know we have your back!

    ReplyDelete