Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It's been a whole year!

Happy Running Anniversary to us! We've been on this journey for a whole year, as of July 31st, at least. :) I'm really glad we started this whole shindig - I know that I wouldn't have been able to do this without the encouragement from both Matt and Liz. It's been quite the ride (run?) and hopefully we'll keep it up. :)

Well, the two weeks off from running was quite detrimental to my running. Which is totally sad. But the little running I put in last week definitely helped my run yesterday. I ran 2 miles straight yesterday, which is an improvemnt from last week, which included walking with the run. Hopefully next week I'll be able to get back on track with my training for the marathon. This week I'll just be building back up to the three miles that I used to be able to do. The hard part now will be keeping up with the training and making sure that I'm ready for the marathon. This can't be like other races we've done where I'm only partly ready for the race. This is the big one - I have to be as prepared as possible in order to finish in time and injury free. So I'll definitely be needing all the encouragement possible over these next few months. But I know I can count on y'all for that! :)

Here's to another year of running and getting our bodies into shape! Much love friends - HONK!

No comments:

Post a Comment