Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I am not alone, dang it!

Today I was going for 4 miles. I wasn't sure how it was going to be, but I went into the gym pretty determined. Once again I listened to the lovely Mumford and Sons, which was perfectly fine with me. :) And once again, another song just punched me in the gut with the lyric "you are not alone" which definitely put me in a better mood. It really hit that I'm not alone in this whole process, and haven't been since day 1. Which, of course, I've known, but at that moment in my run I was really wondering if I was going to make it the whole 4 miles. But knowing that I had this whole support system with ya'll totally helped. So yeah, once again gotta love the power of music. :)

Like I said, I was struggling to get the miles done. I was fine the first mile, mile and a half, but once I got to the 2 mile mark, the struggle began. Then I just had to turn the thinking around and know that once I got to mile 3, I was home free. And this is when the lyric popped out and totally helped me out. :) Funny how things work out that way. :) The other part is that I've been bumping up the speed these last couple of runs. It's not a lot, but it's something! And then the last mile I bump it up even more. I think this comes from both the desire to be faster as well as the desire to be done already. And the latter probably outweighs the former just a bit.....or more.

I was wondering how my legs would do today since I went climbing last night. And then tonight I played ultimate frisbee. So there was a bet going on in my head how long my legs, more specifically my knees, would hold out. But surprisingly they worked out pretty well. I was happy with how I didn't really have any pain or anything. So yay!

Tomorrow is 3 miler and Saturday I'm going to try to conquer 7 miles. I want to find a track somewhere around here, like at a school or something so that I don't have to drive all the way to Piedmont Park crazy early in the morning. I'll go scope out some schools tomorrow. :)

Here's to hoping for Saturday's run to go well! HONK!

No comments:

Post a Comment