Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Back in the ole running shoes

Today was my first day back after taking two weeks off. Here's why I was off the pavement for the past two weeks: one week of camp (I totally took my stuff to run, but it didn't happen...go figure), and one week of a mission trip (of which I didn't even take my stuff b/c I KNEW that wasn't going to happen).

So today I made it to the gym with my shoes and a prayer that I could make it my base of three miles. I made it the three miles, but I had to walk some of it. I could tell that my legs have not moved like that in a while. They just felt a little funny underneath me and they were definitely tired by the end of the run. This week I'm just trying to get my legs back and then next week it'll be back on schedule. Well a couple weeks back than where I ended, but I've gotta start back somewhere!

Here's to hoping these dern legs get moving the right way. HONK!

No comments:

Post a Comment