Monday, August 9, 2010

Awake My Soul

I bought new music this weekend, which is awesome because I love new music, and what's even better is that it's a great album to run to. Of which I totally did today. Who is this new awesome group? It happens to be Mumford and Sons. I had it on shuffle but made a point to play "Awake My Soul" first. The song starts out nice and slow and then speeds up toward the end, which is nice to warm up to. :) The song is about heartbreak essentially, but some of the lyrics are just really awesome: "now my heart stumbles on things I don't know/my weakness I feel I must finally show" and "in these bodies we will live/in these bodies we will die/where you invest your love/you invest your life" with the chorus just repeating "awake my soul," which is a nice way to start off a run haha. Anyway, it was a really good start to my run - and I highly recommend looking up Mumford and Sons. They're pretty awesome. :)

I was determined to go three miles today. If you've been keeping up with our trials and tribulations lately, 3 miles has been the feat to conquer for the moment. I went to the gym determined to make that happen. And thank goodness I did! What this means for me is that I'm ready to pick up the training again. Yay! So I think this week my long run will be 7 miles. That won't put me back too far so that I can be ready for the marathon in time. :)

Tomorrow I'm planning on going 4 miles. Let's hope I didn't kill off my legs too badly between playing frisbee and the 3 miles today. Yay for getting back on track! HONK!

No comments:

Post a Comment