Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"You grew it, you move it!"

My college band director, Dr. O, used to tell us that all the time. I think it's pretty appropriate haha.

My run times per mile are getting better each time I run, so that's positive. The running four times a week hasn't really happened yet, but I'm trying! My current plan is to bump up my mileage each week. So far I've gone up a quarter of a mile at a time so right now I'm at 3/4 mile and next week I'll be up to a mile at a time. At that point, hopefully I can go up a half mile at a time. Hopefully haha. My run today went pretty well and just proved that I'm on the right track. It got pretty uncomfortable closer to the 3/4 mark, which meant that I was training my body in a pretty good way. So yay!

On a side note, it's been freaking COLD. I bought a Nike thermal shirt on sale a couple of weeks ago and bought another one (still on sale) today. Those things are just freaking comfortable as all get out, and once you get warmed up, it's not overpowering like other thermal wear gets. If that makes any sense haha. Basically it means that when I get warmed up, the thermal doesn't automatically put my body in to "I'm gonna heat up lots and lots!" mode haha.

Okay, anyway, enough about the comfy thermals.....

I'm really hoping that I can get my mileage up before the race. If I can get up to 8 miles in one run, actually running, then I'll be good.

Here's to hoping! HONK!

No comments:

Post a Comment