Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My legs, my legs!

Today was Calibration Tuesday! Except that it didn't like the mile that I walked. But the mile I ran went well haha. I ran yesterday and I was pretty proud of myself. :) I did a mile straight at a time with only a quarter mile walk in between. My legs started to feel like jelly toward the end, but goodness gracious I was determined to make it! I was definitely sore once I was done, but I was hoping that it wouldn't be too bad today. Except that I was still sore when I got up this morning to run. So yeah, my one mile calibration was pretty intense because my legs were just not happy. I was having a few shin issues both yesterday and today, but I just ignored it and pushed through it - no pain, no gain! Let's just say that I'm glad tomorrow is a rest day! Maybe this week I'll actually get in my four runs that I wanted to do from the get go. I can say that it's a good soreness though - makes me feel like I've accomplished something. Plus it means that I gave my legs a good workout/run. Yay!

I'm still hoping to get my mileage up enough in time for the race, which may be a pretty optimistic hope, but hey - ya never know! :) I'm still pretty excited about our race - it's gonna be pretty awesome!

HONK!

No comments:

Post a Comment