Friday, February 12, 2010

Kids, don't try this at home.

I ran in 28 degree weather yesterday. It started out pretty well running 1 1/4 mile the first go round, but then the second round didn't go as well. The cold just really affected me and I wasn't expecting it. I stretched a lot the whole time though. My calves have been really tight after each run so I've had to stretch a lot. Which is really good, but it would be better if my calves weren't so tight to begin with haha. So I stopped a few times during the run to stretch out my legs. But let me tell you, the second time around, my legs were NOT happy. My chest was starting to feel the affects of breathing in cold air pretty heavily so yeah, my body was just not happy about running in 28 degrees. On the up side, it was 33 by the time I got back home! If I can help it, no more running in the freezing weather.

Today's run went pretty well actually. I went to the gym, so there's a step up right at the beginning. :) I stopped a little less to stretch so that was good, too. I did a short run because goodness gracious I had to go to the little girl's room so badly! My bladder was yelling at me....a lot. So I only did 2 miles, which is shorter than normal, but guess what?! I only walked 1/4 of that! I ran 1.75 miles straight today. :) I was planning on just doing a mile and a half, but I decided to push it and see if I could tack on the other 1/4 mile. I'm pretty proud of myself. This means that maybe by the end of next week I'll be close to 3 miles of straight running. So crazy!

I think this cycle of running I'm taking a little more seriously. I mean, I took it seriously when we started this whole process, but now I think it's more than just me doing this with my friends. I think now the end goal is me being a healthier person, while also enjoying it like before. I mean, at the beginning, yeah the healthy part was just an added bonus, but now it's more of a focus than a plus. If that makes any sense haha. So yeah......hah.

I'm really proud of us continuing on with our handy dandy little project. HONK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment