Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just.....weird.

I don't recommend running the Monday after a totally exhausting Vocare weekend. My body just couldn't handle it haha. My legs immediately felt like dead weight so I ended up only going a little over a mile. I need to remember this for the future - no running after exhausting, exhilarating, tons o' fun weekends.

Yesterday's run wasn't too bad, but it was kinda weird. It's like my brain couldn't communicate with my legs very well. For some reason I had a problem regulating my pace. I've started wearing a knee & ankle brace on my right leg, so that's taken a little bit to get used to. The knee brace is really retraining my leg muscles, so my calves are needing a stretch quite a bit during the run. But for some reason the ankle brace is really not as comfortable as it is on the other foot, so I stopped and took it off for a bit. Then my ankle needed it again and I finished out the run with it on. Which wasn't too terrible.

But yeah, so I really couldn't get my speed going at a regular pace this whole run. It was just really weird.....I was going a lot faster than normal (usually a 13/13:30 minute mile to a 12:00 minute mile) and I had to keep stopping to catch my breath. But no joke, I couldn't slow down! Goodness it was just strange. And when I tried to slow down, my stride was all wacky. Weird! I ended up going 3 miles, so that's positive. I'm going for 4 either Thursday or Friday, so let's hope that works out hah.

Only three weeks left - ahhh! HONK!

No comments:

Post a Comment