Saturday, February 6, 2010

i'm hardcore.

Finally!! A successful run!

I set out today, with Sean's tips for not getting a side stitch, and the expectation of taking it slowly.

Weirdly, my heel started hurting almost immediately after I left the house, and then I looked down and my ipod was so nearly dead. However, I didn't let that stop me. Also, let me remind you that it was abooouuuut 35 degrees at this point (I wore a LOT of layers). But I started out, and only ran for maybe a minute or two, and made myself pause for a bit, and then got back to the running. I started alternating running 4-6 minutes and walking a couple, and I continued in that manner for almost an hour!! I also got further than I ever have thusfar. So yeah, I am still pretty proud.

On the downside, BOTH my IT bands are really in pain. But I'm hoping to start actually stretching consistently to take care of it.

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I'm so proud of you! Look at you going for a WHOLE FREAKING HOUR!!

    DOUBLE HONK TO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! We're gonna be so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck yes we are!

    And I'm totally needing to get back in to the stretching routine....ay yi yi! ;)

    ReplyDelete