Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dude I'm totally on it.

I ran on Thursday and I ran today. My times for each are a little longer than before, but it's not too bad. I'm okay with it. :)

I decided today to try for a straight mile, even though I really wasn't going to try until Monday, but I decided to go for it. And I totally did it! I even felt like I could make it a while longer, but I didn't want to push it. I walked for a little bit and then ran again for about half a mile before I quit because of time. Just as a bit of background, I was in Savannah this weekend for the Diocese of Georgia's convention, so I just ran around Becca's neighborhood. It started sprinkling/raining while running, but it wasn't too bad.

I'm planning on calibrating my nike+ on Monday, so I'll walk a mile and then run a mile. But hopefully next week will be the start of running a mile or more at a time. I'm excited.:) And I am officially committed to running the marathon at Disney World next January. Matt has said that he would run and there's a possibility that Liz B will run.....so we'll see. :) I'm just excited that my friend Jody brought it up. It'll be awesome! But first I need to get through this 15k haha.

Anyway, so far so good - let's keep it up! HONK!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on the mile straight!!! I am super impressed.

    And the Disney marathon is an awesome (however scary) goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The marathon is really just the way that I can get on all the rides with no lines. ;)

    ReplyDelete