Monday, August 20, 2012

life events and nonsense

So, I have been busy. That is definitely only an excuse for my lack of exercise, but oh well. I found some really fun looking races, so that is motivation to start the C25K again! One of them is the Firefly Run on October 6th. I know Matt is in, anyone else?  http://www.fireflyrun.com/index.htm  

But now I'll elaborate on my busyness! Cory and I moved in to an apartment! We moved a lot by car on August 4th, then I hired movers for my furniture and a few boxes I'd managed to pack in the meantime on August 9th, then yesterday Cory rented a U-haul and with the help of his brother, moved the rest of his furniture. I'll show some pictures from the middle of our progress. First, the pool! Because it looks so refreshing.

Makeshift Furniture: TV stand

Our first dinner! On our... "table" 

Here is the bathroom. One of the only rooms that actually felt complete by the end of moving day.

More bathroom. Because having a functioning, clean, and decorated bathroom is so nice.


Sorta blurry shot of the kitchen:

The dining area with a table instead of a storage tub! (We now have the other two chairs as well)

Poorly lit view from kitchen to dining area.

Bedroom! Looks pretty much like my old room, but the day before this, instead of a bed there was an air mattress on the floor, and boxes serving as nightstands.

In job hunt news, I had an interview with my old hospital today. But for an observation unit, so it'd ideally be less critical patients and it wouldn't be as stressful. Plus I am applying for part time, which hopefully would help me deal with the stress of that place. On a positive note, they do seem to be trying to get their act together (the hospital I mean). I talked with my old manager today, and she said they no longer get 7 patients each, they cap the unit off at 24 instead of 26 so no one has to go to 7. For those of you who don't remember, I started getting 7 patients in January 2010, 3 months after coming off of orientation. Which is stupid and dangerous. By the 7th patient, you lose track of at least 1. Six is tough enough, but once you reach 7, you just pray no one has an emergency, and that no one catches all the corners you have to cut. Anyway. So it's good they don't get that anymore. Plus they now have "free charge," which means the charge nurse (who is kinda the shift leader) does not have a caseload of patients- they are there for more system things like checking that we are following all the guidelines we are supposed to, doing customer service things, and helping out with discharges and admissions. Ok, that was a lot of rambles. 

Moral of the story: I'm moved in, I am looking towards getting a job, and I am hoping to get back to C25K tomorrow!



2 comments:

  1. Love the pics, looks like a sweet place! Keep us posted on the job stuff. And yay for C25K!

    ReplyDelete