Saturday, July 21, 2012

Genius

So it's been a hot minute since I posted but these last couple weeks have been crazy.  I had a ton of stuff due  the last two weeks of my first quarter at GMC so as much as it stunk I decided I had to prioritize school over running.  And boy did it pay off.  This is all I have to say:



My finals went like this College Algebra: 95, Lit: 100, Biology: 102.  I actually asked my Bio professor if she could grade it right then when I handed it in and she said she would.  She was totally cool about it, didn't seem bothered at all.  I was genuinely worried about it which is why I asked to grade it then. I haven't got my final grade in my Lit class yet and only one of the grades has been officially posted but I got all A's this quarter.  I told my friend Nicole that I hated to sound braggadocios but I am just way excited, kind of in shock and very proud of myself.

Anyway on to the exercise part of this deal.  I told myself I was going to run last night but ended up falling asleep.  So when I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep I decided to go running.  So I went to the track at like 5:30 this morning and it went really well.  I didn't try and push myself too much cause I had taken some time off but then like a crazy person I went for a run again tonight!  It went well too. It felt great to get back in the swing of things.

Lastly I'm going to be joining a gym the first of August.  My mom said she was going to get me a gym membership for my birthday and I have been kind of holding off and shopping around to get the best deal and still be at a decent gym.  I found one in Valdosta that is month to month and it's only $10 a month so I'm totally going with that.  My primary goal is to lost weight and train my body for running.  I'm going to work out my whole body obviously but I want to really focus on my legs and back, specifically the lower parts of both.  Those are what hurts the most after I run for a long time.

Anyway, whew! that was a long post.  Hope you guys are doing well!

HONK!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Way to go to all of that! Sounds like a good idea to put a little focus on your legs and back, both for the pain aspect as well as for the fact that your legs and back have large muscle groups in them, which therefore burn more calories and can influence your overall metabolism more than say... your face muscles. HONK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for awesome grades and yay for gyms!! And way to go on twice a day!!! :) HONK!!

    ReplyDelete