Friday, June 1, 2012

Workin' on it!

I ran Wednesday and today - yay!  Wednesday's run didn't go very well.  I think part of the reason is that I started off too fast, which totally wiped me out halfway through.  Today's run went really well.  I'm still working on the C25K program on my phone, so it was week 5 day 2.  The running was 8 minutes and I thought that if I could do 3 laps in 8 minutes, that would mean that I would be on track for a 12 minute mile (with the time built in for me getting tired haha).  I know I shouldn't focus on numbers and whatnot, but I almost can't help it.  This is just another example of how I like levels and I love to beat them.  A smaller example is when I play games on my phone - I only download games that have levels, or an acknowledgment of completion.  Make sense?  So that part of me (I think this is the only competitive part of myself - with myself!) is what is taking over when I'm on the track.  I'm planning on going out again tomorrow and the plan is to run for 20 minutes without having to walk.  I'm nervous about it, but I'm confident I can make it work.  Another example of wanting to do well - today when I was wrapping up each 8 minute section I was already thinking that I might go longer than 20 minutes tomorrow.  I should really just listen to my body and see how it's going, but yeah.  Hah.

Anyway, I feel like this post is a bit all over the place.  It probably is, but that's okay.  I also have to tell y'all that I appreciate the encouragement boost lately.  Especially when Matt said today "Gonna lace up those shoes?"  These are things I need - I need to be accountable not only to myself, but to y'all too.  And knowing that you're going to check in with me makes such a difference.  Maybe one day I'll be a self sustaining runner, but right now it ain't happenin' haha.  I'm leaving on Sunday for Birmingham for the week for a youth event, and I'm thinking of taking my running stuff with me.  I'm just not sure if I'll have the time or energy (I'll be outside alllllllllll day working), but well see.  Anyway, I'll let y'all know how tomorrow goes. :)

HONK!

1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY understand about being competitive with yourself. I find myself always setting goals during individual runs and if for whatever reason I don't make them i feel like a bum. But on the flip side if i meet or exceed them (like yesterday) I feel like a total badass.

    And I totally think you should take your stuff with you. To me its better to give yourself the option if you want to take it than to not bring it and end up having the motivation and opportunity to run.

    Anyway, I'm really proud of you! (and us!)

    HONK!

    ReplyDelete