Saturday, June 23, 2012

"Looking good Billy Ray! Feeling good Louis!"

Earlier this week I went to the track for a run and forgot my ipod.  I was super pissed.  But I decided to run anyway.  I realized very quickly that it wasn't going to go well.  My calves locked up and hurt pretty bad.  That and without my headphones I could hear all the other people at the track which was remarkably annoying.  So after just two laps I decided  to call it a run.  But as soon as I got to the car I decided to go run near the softball fields which are next to the track where I run.  Well that turned out to be a great idea.  I took time to stretch out my calves every so often and ended up running for about 40 minutes or so.

Tonight's run was really awesome also!  I did a total of 12 laps, walking 4 and running 8.  But for every walking lap except the last one I ran a set of stairs on the visitor side of the stadium 4 times per lap.  It was awesome.  I never got too too tired or in too much pain.  I felt so good , I was inspired to post this as my facebook status:

Things/people that are amazing:
God
My Wife
My kids
My friends
Feeling like a total badass almost every time I run
Getting my shit together
Beginning to really believe the potential in my life that others have seen for a while

Needless to say I'm feeling pretty good about myself tonight :)

HONK!

Matt

1 comment: