Monday, June 18, 2012

Dead Weight

I ran this morning - yay!  The downside is that my body just felt like dead weight the whole time.  And I HATE IT when my body doesn't want to cooperate.  Trying to go longer than 25 minutes was just not in the cards.  So that part sucked super bad.  But I'm glad I went out there.  The Peachtree is only about two weeks away, and I'm not ready, but I want to be as prepared as I can be.  I'm going to run again tomorrow in the morning because I have a meeting tomorrow night in Birmingham and won't be back until later.

I like running in the morning.  I know I've said this a lot.  And I've also said that I'm not a morning person.  Which makes it super hard to get up and out of bed when I need to in order to have enough time to run.  Hah.  Tomorrow morning will definitely be a test because I have staff meeting first thing so I can't take my time to get out the door.  I also read in an article that it takes 3 weeks to get used to waking up early and 6 weeks for it to be habit....?  Something like that.  Either way, I'm going to run tomorrow.  Homegirl has a race to get ready for!

Oh!  I think I need new shoes.  My shoes aren't light in the first place because I like the stability of the arch support, but I've come to realize that my ankle braces make my feet so much heavier.  Plus I think it's just time.  So here's to hoping I'll find new shoes that are lightweight but have a good feeling of stability.  Hah.

Alright, I think this is all for the moment.  Let's make this summer count! :)

HONK!

1 comment:

  1. Figuring out what works best for running wise is a huge challenge. I'm finding that running after the kids go to bed work's best for me, even though I could run during the day after class.

    And yay for new shoes!

    ReplyDelete