Saturday, November 20, 2010

The reunion of lizmattliz

I believe we have officially started a tradition - this year we ran the Candlelight Tour Run for the second year. And once again, I had a BLAST. :) I think our common sentiment was that it didn't see to last as long this year as it did last year. I think it helps that we've gotten a better perception of distance and whatnot, so it doesn't seem as long. Plus we were having a pretty awesome time. :) And a HUGE shout out to Sarah B for breaking her record from last year! She's already determined to break 30 minutes next year. :) So proud!

So Matt, Liz, and I all stuck together the whole time since all three of us were not entirely prepared for the run. For example, I haven't run since the half haha. Although Liz and I were joking around that if we ran up the first hill, we had already improved from last year. And we totally ran up that dang hill. Just not the rest of them. Needless to say, we definitely took advantage of the downhill and flat parts of the course! And me being me, we made a new friend while running. :) To round off our tradition, we ate at IHOP on the way back at 1:00 in the morning. Which was also quite delightful, despite the fact that it was dang COLD in the room we were sitting in.

I'm definitely a little sore in my quads today, but that's what I get for not running in the last three weeks. On the downside, since I haven't really had a job, the marathon in January at Disney World just isn't going to happen this year. :( It took a while for me to really reconcile that because I've been set on it for a long time, but I just can't afford it without a steady job. :( But there's one in October and hopefully at some point I'll get one under my belt in the new little while!

I'm really hoping that I'll start getting back into the groove of running at a regular basis. I'd like to keep up that motivation, even if there's isn't a race coming up. :) But the moral of the story is that last night was crazy fun and I really enjoyed it, despite all the hills. :)

HONK!

1 comment:

  1. GO US!!! I am still pumped we ran the Candlelight tour again :) I had such a blast and was reminded why I want to keep training. I need to look for more runs, YAY!! I just need to be diligent with my IT band and hip stretches. Anyway--- HONK!

    ReplyDelete