Monday, October 26, 2009

....shouldn't have left you, without a dope beat to step to, step to

Sorry for the delay in posts. I've started a new running schedule. My running days are on Mon, Wed, Fri. Mainly because I play softball on Tues and Thurs. Also I've stepped up my mileage in order to attempt a 10K at some point. The last 4 runs or so have all been 4+ miles 4.5+ if you include the warm up and cool down walks.

Sadly today was the first day i wasn't able to run that distance continually and honestly the only difference I can see is that I ran at the track. I still ended up running 3.7 something miles (.5 of which was walking) so it was still productive and more than the end of my Couch to 5K plan. The problem I had was I got a major stitch in my side and had to walk a lap. But I ended the run with a near sprint lap so it may have evened out.

The other problem I'm running into with the increased distance is finding a suitable route to run. I have a few neighborhoods i like to run in but I usually end up just winging the route. Roughly estimating in my head where i need to run in order to end up hitting the "end workout" button just as I get back to my truck or to my front door. What usually happens is I circle my truck in the parking lot a few times or run past my house then run back. Not a huge deal but kind of annoying.

Anyway the St. Johns road race 5k is this Saturday and I'm pretty excited to see how I do. My last time was 41:49 so that is my time to beat this Sat. Wish me luck!

And Honk! to you guys, I love you both and stick with it!

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment