Monday, October 12, 2009

it's a comeback! kinda....

So I thought that a week without strenuous exercise would help my foot work itself out. Today was the day to try it out and see how it would go. The result was not that great. It started acting up pretty quickly, which bummed me out, but I ran for a while, walked a little bit, and then ran a while more, concluding with a cool down walk. I ended up going 2.34 miles in 32:33 minutes with a pace of 13:51 and burned 337 calories. It's not where I wanted to be when we started this thing, but it's okay because I'm still freaking determined to accomplish my goal. I'm hoping that by the end of this week I'll be back to the 3, 3.5 mile mark so next week I can start bumping it up a bit. But we'll see - we all know how well my body has liked my plans haha.

Back to today's run.......

I realized that once I got through the initial pain of the tendon, it kinda mellowed out a little bit. Once I would start to walk to relieve some of the pain, it hurt worse. So the running wasn't too bad. :) The only part that was kinda funny and made me slightly jealous was that the girl's softball team was running laps the same time I was, and a whole lot better haha. It did motivate a little bit, though. It's definitely the place I want to be - to run with seemingly no effort and to be able to just punch through a few miles and still be able to breathe when I'm done haha.

But anyway, I hope everyone's Monday went well! And if not, I'm happy that it's over for you. :)

HONK!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you for sticking with it, someone with a foot injury might do wel to call it off for a while but not you my friend! you deserve a major

    HONK!

    ReplyDelete