Tuesday, May 10, 2011

little engine that could

well, still no running, or jogging, even. But I did get in my walk today. And I was right, it was infinitely easier to just get out there today, now that i didn't feel doomed to fail. There was no arguing back and forth with myself, no feeling of dread or avoidance. I assumed I'd go walk after lunch, but I wanted my food to digest a bit first because for some reason, my body gets really displeased if i try to incorporate too much activity too soon after eating or even drinking. In fact, it pitches a tantrum in the form of killer side stitches stopping any exercise plans in their tracks, ambitious or otherwise. So I hung out on the porch and read for a while before heading out. But even then, it was just kind of like, "well, it's time to go," and then I was out there. After I got back, I did stretch a little bit, sort of picking out some yoga moves and modifying them into static stretches. So I didn't do the DVD or anything, but I did dip my baby toe into the metaphorical yoga pool. Today, I give myself a gold star.

No comments:

Post a Comment